Thursday, September 8, 2016

Zucchini Ricotta Bake



ZUCCHINI RICOTTA BAKE




I have had many requests to share this recipe so, I wanted to break it down for y'all :-) This recipe has been adapted to feed roughly 4 people, but you can double or triple to make what you need.

This is a great recipe for those on a soft food diet for whatever reason, as well as a high protein meal and virtually no carbs - essentially this is a vegetarian meal, but next time I think I will add some spicy ground sausage or ground beef. I really think this will elevate the dish to the next level!!



Ingredient List:

1 large zucchini
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 c parmigiana cheese
2 eggs
8 oz ricotta cheese
1 teaspoon oregano, Basil, garlic salt (and any other spices you like)
Optional: Ground meat of choice, cooked and drained








1. I swore I had a mandolin type cutter, but for the life of me I couldn't find it anywhere, so I had to do my zucchini slices by hand. Boo.


2. Boil the slices in a little salt water for about 3-5 minutes, just until zucchini is soft and semi transparent. drain and rest on paper towel. 






3. Mix in a bowl all the wet ingredients and the cheeses - Just dump and mix....:-) make sure all the egg is incorporated well.



4. Layer a few strips of zucchini at the bottom of your dish, and begin building up. Zucchini, ricotta mix, sauce, cheese, repeat.






5. top the remaining cheese on top, and pop into an oven at 350 for about 30 minutes. pull out and let cool. pair with a meat or veggie side dish or use this as a side. Enjoy!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Buffalo Ranch Tuna Cups

 Buffalo Ranch Tuna Cups So, I am not a huge tuna eater. I'm more of a steak, chicken, and seafood chick (well, aside fr...