Friday, September 9, 2016

Buffalo Ranch Tuna Cups



 Buffalo Ranch Tuna Cups




So, I am not a huge tuna eater. I'm more of a steak, chicken, and seafood chick (well, aside from Tuna!). However, since I had gastric sleeve surgery on 8/1, I am required to get at least 60-80 grams of protein in a day. And let me tell you, man, that is hard!!

However, it does get easier, but I have to get creative with my meals, and obviously they have to be bite sized and under 6 oz. Since most tuna packs 15g of protein or more per 3 oz, I have had to choke it down and come up with some really fun and tasty ways to eat it.

Now, if you go back a few blog posts, you will find my blog to the Buffalo Chicken Dip HERE. It tastes amazing with bread, but I can't really eat bread now and its just not the same without it!

I found starkist makes these new tuna pouches that come in all sorts of flavors. I pick them up when they go on sale (They usually run about $1.25 or so) and I have plenty of flavors on hand.



I also have been using wonton wrappers to aid in my new cooking style, and they really come in handy!

Anyway, Starkist has a flavored tuna called Hot Buffalo Style. I figured, if I can make Buffalo chicken dip, I can make a Buffalo tuna dip, right? And to make it more fun, I'll throw it in my wonton wrappers and bake it!

I do have to say, these were soooo good! I plan on making them again for sure, but also maybe for apps at my next house party!



Ingredients:

Pre-heat oven to 350
1 pack of Hot Buffalo Style Tuna
3 small square wonton wrappers
4 oz shredded cheese
2 tablespoons ranch dressing
bowl
muffin tin



Start by mixing all the ingredients into a bowl and mix.



spray a LIGHT coating of pan spray at the bottom of your cupcake pan and gently press the wonton squares in. Fill with about 1 full tablespoon of filling. I added a little more shredded cheese on top.

Bake in the oven for about 15-25 minutes depending on how crispy you want your wonton wrappers to be. I baked mine for about 17 minutes, but I think next time I will leave them a little longer.



And, they are done! I was able to eat 2 and a half of these bite size poppers, and they were delicious! I am sure they can be done with chicken, beef, steak etc.

Honestly, anything can be put into a wonton wrapper and prob taste good! I can't really eat bread, so this gives me just the little bit of crunch and carbs I'm looking for!

What have you baked into a wonton cup? How would you change it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buffalo Ranch Tuna Cups

 Buffalo Ranch Tuna Cups So, I am not a huge tuna eater. I'm more of a steak, chicken, and seafood chick (well, aside fr...