Nothing a can of spray paint, a drill and a glue gun can't fix!!
Besides the obvious redo of just spray painting the frame and using it for pictures, I wanted to do some frame art for the Yellow and Gray room.
I laid out my frames in what order I wanted them once I was ready to hang it - be mindful of how it may sit against the wall. Make sure your supporting frame (the one that will be hanging) is the bottom layer and has a good hanging bracket. Build the other layers on top of that.
Once I figured out how I wanted them to go, I took them outside, spray painted them in the 3 colors I wanted (to match my room) and then let dry.
Once all the pieces dried, I got out the drill and some screws and attached the frames to each other.
In hindsight, I probably used the wrong kind of screws, and some of my frames were REALLY hard to get through, and I ended up cursing a lot. in some places it split my frame and took off some spray paint, but a quick touch up fixed that.
Once it was screwed in place and attached, I took back outside and blasted it with a clear coat of spray, just to give it a little shiny look.
When it was dry and I went to take it inside, one of my not so good screws came out and I decided it might be best to reinforce the screws with a little hot glue.
You can never have enough uses for a glue gun!!
Anyway, once everything was dry and NOT going to plop apart on me, I centered it on my wall, screwed in a screw and hung it up, I had to play with the balance a little just because of awkward shapes, but it worked perfect!
I LOVE it!!!