....Or so I am told!! :-)
I have made this once for my baby shower back in February, and since then, I have been requested to bring it to many a family functions, as well as Saturday and Sunday afternoon BBQs and now for Football season.
People don't believe me when I say it is really easy to make, so her is the reciepe for those who want a hand at making it!!
- 2-4 large chicken breasts (depending on how many you want to serve; this is based off of an average of 3)
- 1 cup of Ranch Dressing (or you can use light or Fat Free if you want to reduce fat/calories)
- 1 cup of FRANKS RED HOT SAUCE ( this is a vital ingredient - I've tried other brands and it just doesn't taste the same!)
- 1 block of Cream Cheese (again, use low-fat or reduced fat if you want)
- 1 bag (2 c.) shredded cheddar + 1/2-1 c shredded mozzarella for top
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 (its the go to temperature!)
- Boil your chicken breasts on the stove until cooked and tender - the boiling will make the chicken really easy to shred
- Shred the chicken with two forks or with your fingers - a few chunks are ok, but its optimal for it to be nice and shreddy!
- Mix the cream cheese, Ranch, Hot Sauce and shredded cheese in your mixer until combined.
- Mix in your shredded chicken.
- Place everything into your baking dish and top with more cheese
- Bake for about 20-25 until the cheese on top is bubbly and slightly golden brown
- Serve in a bread bowl or other dish with slices of baguettes or chunks of other hard breads
- *NOTE - Get more bread than you think you will need - It seems like a lot, but it is usually gone long before the dip is - worst case is you will have left over bread, but then if you do, you can make bread pudding the next day!