Thursday, October 3, 2013

Baby Print Ink Kit - DIY and then some!






So, I had a friend direct me to this website that you can sign up for and depending on what kind of blog you have or what your "niche" target audience is, companies send you products for you to review (for free!!) and then you blog about the product, linking back to their site or order form.

I thought that these type of things are gimmicks to get your email address and gets you sent thousands of emails for junk.

However, I did actually get "approved" for a product to review, and actually got it!!

So, here it is:


This is a Baby Safe Ink Print Kit (basic). It shipped from Amazon.com( Click here to see the product and to order - its also avaib. for prime members, so shipping is free if you use prime!). It came in a sturdy envelope and I was super excited to use it, and I opened it right away.



 
These are the Ink Pads, which I really liked, because they were easy to split up (you get "4" pads), and I was kind of afraid of some of the reviews I read that stated they were "cheap" and did not cover a lot etc.

I didn't think that at all! I think that those people didn't move the pad around to get the full surface area - I did this and found that it MORE than covered both hands and feet and had some left over!





Here are the prints I made - I used my own paper (These will become coasters!) and I really loved the detail they made. The kit did come with really heavy white cardstock, but I love stuff with a little flair, so it would have been nice to have a few backgrounds to  choose from. Maybe double sided with different themes or patterns to choose from?


Anyway, it was easy to do, even with a squirmy 6 month old, but the prints came out great! The only thing about this kit that I think needs some improving is the wipes - it is awesome that they are included, but they either need to include more wipes or thicker/larger wipes (especially since the kit states can be used over and over). And I for sure think that it would make than the 6-10 it says it would :-)

The picture above show their two wipes included (to the left) and then my baby wipes (to the right). You can see that they all are pretty well covered in the ink (for both hands and feet) but it did take additional wipes than the ones they had in the kit.

I do love the fact that their wipes had a kind of soapy feel, which attributed to the ink coming off so easily on the hands/feet. My wipes didn't work that well, but between them, I got it all off.





I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using <a href="http://www.tomoson.com/?code=BOTTOM4e667e6c4656729097f892a9e2b360cd" rel="nofollow">Tomoson.com</a>. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buffalo Ranch Tuna Cups

 Buffalo Ranch Tuna Cups So, I am not a huge tuna eater. I'm more of a steak, chicken, and seafood chick (well, aside fr...