Friday, October 4, 2013

Rehab to Fab - Old Candle Sticks and Glass Jars


I am super excited about this DIY rehab to Fab I did last night!!

$3.00 total - 2 old glass candle holders and 2 glass jars with lids.


I first spray painted the bases....


Then I tried to figure out how to put my glitter on...I first taped off the glass so that only exposed the part I wanted to be glittered...



I thought it made sense to spray the glass with adhesive and then put it into a baggy with glitter..



...this did not work so well :=/

 
 
And I just ended up with a big old mess. I had to wash it off and start again...
 
So I just sprayed the adhesive and then sprinkled the glitter on over a bowl.
 
 
 
 
After I got the glitter all over, I sprayed a clear coat of spray to seal in the glitter and then removed the tape..
 
 
 

Once everything was dry and set, I began to assemble...

 
 
I hot glued the base of the glass jar to the candle stick, and pressed gently in to set it firm...
 


when those were dry, I found some red scrap ribbon and tied it around the top!!




I love these because even though I plan on using these for Christmas, these can be used as tea lite holders, candy holder or anything else...I just really love love love the glitter!!! I've been dying to do something with glitter and this def. hit the craving!

Enjoy, and Happy Crafting!!



 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Buffalo Ranch Tuna Cups

 Buffalo Ranch Tuna Cups So, I am not a huge tuna eater. I'm more of a steak, chicken, and seafood chick (well, aside fr...