Tuesday, October 22, 2013

DIY Sugar Scrub - Yummy!!



I LOVE sugar scrubs, especially the ones from Bath and Body works - I love them.

But I do not love the 16.00 price tag, so I usually only get one a few times a year and use it very sparingly!

I did some research and found a few recipes for DIY sugar scrubs at home, so here is one I did last week - I am going to try with white table sugar this week and see if there is a big difference, but for this one, I LOVE the coarseness of the Brown Sugar and the smell is soooo amazing its like baking in your shower!!



Here is what you need:

1 cup of Olive Oil (regular is best, but Virgin or Extra Virgin is Ok)
1 cup of Coconut Oil
2 cups of dark brown sugar (depends on how "wet" or "dry" you want your scrub)
2 tablespoons of extract flavor/scent of your choice (I used peppermint)


melt about 1 cup of the coconut oil in the microwave for about 30 seconds - it will turn clear and look like Olive Oil.

Mix the melted coconut Oil and the olive oil into the brown sugar.


 Add in the flavor (peppermint) - about 2 tablespoons - and mix well.

Put into decorative dish or jar and your done!!




The coconut oil will "harden" and rise to the top in-between showers - this is fine, as the hot steam and water around the jar in the shower will re-melt it and re-incorporate into the scrub.

This stuff made my skin feel amazing!! Just be careful because it will make your tub/shower stall slippery, so make sure to rinse it out well before the next person gets in!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Buffalo Ranch Tuna Cups

 Buffalo Ranch Tuna Cups So, I am not a huge tuna eater. I'm more of a steak, chicken, and seafood chick (well, aside fr...