Monday, December 9, 2013

DIY Mod Dress for Girl - Sweater to dress Upcycle!!



 


So, I have this sweater that I picked up at a thrift store because I loved the color and especially the fringe! I was going to use it for a Halloween costume, but ended up going in another direction. This sweater was a bit stretched out and unflattering to begin with but I did love the color!!



Anywho, I didn't want to have the sweater go to waste (it was a REALLY soft wool!!) and I thought about making it into something else, since I am about the up-cycle!! I know my 5 year old is into the mod dresses, so I thought this would be a fun go!!


First thing I did was cut the arms off, right below the seams. I folded the shirt in half and then used a mod dress pattern piece from a summer dress and cut accordingly for the shape.


 
Once that was done, I turned inside out, and seamed the sides. I also took the sleeves and shorted them and turned them out to be re-attached.
 
 
And here is the dress finished and laid out - I am going to pair this dress with some black slouch boots and a long gold necklace...My daughter has really been getting into "accessories" lately!!
 
                               
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buffalo Ranch Tuna Cups

 Buffalo Ranch Tuna Cups So, I am not a huge tuna eater. I'm more of a steak, chicken, and seafood chick (well, aside fr...