Monday, December 2, 2013

Spicy Rolled Lasanga





I hope everyone had a GREAT Thanksgiving!!!! I just wanted to share a recipe from the weekend that I put together  - We love a good lasagna in my house, but I was tired of doing the layered thing - I wanted to trend a new version lol!


Here is what I put in my filling:

  • 9 lasagna noddle's
  • 1 lb of spicy sausage
  • minced onion, garlic, mushrooms
  • half a bunch of fresh spinach
  • 1 container of ricotta
  • 1 egg
  • 2. cups of shredded mozzarella (1 cup for filling, 1 cup for topping!)
  • pinch of salt, pepper, oregano and thyme
  • Anything else you wanna toss in there!




  • While noddle's are boiling, sauté down the onion, garlic, mushrooms and spinach. Cook down the sausage. when both are done, combine and add to the mix of ricotta, egg and cheese. toss in the spices, mix up and set aside.
  • Drain noddle's, and leave in colander to continue draining. in your 9x9 pan, put a little sauce at the bottom.
  • a few noddle's at a time, lay out flat and scoop filling into the middle, toward one end.




  • Wrap the noddle's up in "packages" and place in the pan. I did mine alternating the ruffle edge just cause I could, but honestly, I don't think it matters :-)


  • add on the rest of your sauce, then the remaining 1 cup of cheese. pop into the oven at 375 for about 30 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
 
 
  • Serve up with your favorite Texas toast or garlic toast....Yummy!!!!!
 
 

I also love this version because it made portions really easy to control!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Buffalo Ranch Tuna Cups

 Buffalo Ranch Tuna Cups So, I am not a huge tuna eater. I'm more of a steak, chicken, and seafood chick (well, aside fr...